Friday, January 26, 2007

The 48 Laws Of Excellence

I recently came across a piece of writing that I found quite inspirational. It’s called “The 48 Laws Of Excellence” by Dr. Henry Jekyll. I may serialize this and post one law at a time, but for anyone interested in the whole piece, I’ve posted it on my website in its entirety as it’s too long for the format of this blog. Here is the first law:

Law 1
Never Learn From Someone Threatened By Excellence

Never limit yourself to accommodate the insecurities of others. Your goal is your own personal excellence – and as such do not curtail the development of your skills, self-confidence or courage for anyone. If you are working for someone who is threatened by excellence, you are working for the wrong person. If you are learning from someone who is threatened by excellence, you are learning the wrong lessons. If you are learning from a man who is scared of being eclipsed, you have already eclipsed him.

No comments: